Vivant fire alarm not useful during Barnesville chimney fire

Vivant fire alarm not useful during Barnesville chimney fire


NEW INFORMATION ON THAT HOUSE FIRE IN BARNESVILLE WE TOLD YOU ABOUT YESTERDAY: THE FAMILY IS FRUSTRATED THAT THEIR HOME ALARM SYSTEM DIDN’T WORK WHEN THEY NEEDED IT THE MOST. VALLEY NEWS TEAM’S NATALIE PARSONS SPOKE WITH THE HOMEOWNER ABOUT WHY SHE WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER SYSTEM LIKE THAT AGAIN. THE PHILLIPS HAVE ONLY BEEN LIVING IN THIS HOUSE FOR ABOUT A MONTH AND A HALF NOW…NOT ONLY HAVE THEY BEEN BUSY MOVING THEIR THINGS IN TO MAKE IT THEIR HOME BUT NOW THEY HAVE REPAIRS TO DO FROM A FIRE THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED. “MY HUSBAND’S PHONE ALARM WENT OFF TO GET UP FOR WORK AND I NOTICED THAT THE HOUSE WAS FILLED WITH SMOKE AND NONE OF THE SMOKE DETECTORS OR FIRE DETECTORS HAD GONE OFF.” FLAMES WERE COMING OUT OF THE EXTERIOR OF THE HOME CAUSED BY A CRACK IN THE CHIMNEY. LEAH WENT TO THEIR VIVANT FIRE PANEL TO HIT THE FIRE RESPONSE BUTTON TO FIND THAT IT DID NOT WORK. “LAST WEEK WE HAD OUR SECURITY SYSTEM INSTALLED AND AT THE TIME THEY INSTALLED THAT THE GENTLEMAN WHO CAME TO INSTALL IT DID NOT HAVE ALL THE PROPER EQUIPMENT. ONE OF THOSE BEING THE SMOKE AND FIRE DETECTOR THAT ACTIVATES WITH THE ALARM SYSTEM.” THE PHILLIPS FAMILY BROUGHT THEIR VIVANT MEMBERSHIP TO THEIR NEW HOME. THEY NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES WITH THE COMPANY UNTIL THE MOVE… SAYING THE NEW INSTALLATIONS ALONE TOOK 6- WEEKS. LEAH TRIED REACHING OUT TO VIVANT EXPRESSING HER CONCERNS BUT THEY KEPT ASSURING HER IT WOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF. “AND I GOT KIND OF A PAD ANSWER THAT THEY LOOKED INTO. SOMEONE WAS WORKING WITH ME.” WHEN THE PHILLIPS NEEDED HELP VIVANT WAS NOT THERE FOR THEM AND THEY NOW SAY WHY HAVE AN ALARM SYSTEM WHEN YOU CAN GET RELIABLE HELP JUST BY DIALING 9-1-1. “MY KIDS ARE MY PRECIOUS GEMS. I WANT TO GET THEM OUT. I’M NOT GOING TO STAND AND SIT AND PRESS A BUTTON. I THINK IF YOU’RE HITTING IT SEVERAL TIMES SOMETHING SHOULD TRIGGER.” IN BARNESVILLE, NATALIE PARSONS. VALLEY NEWS LIVE. VIVANT ALARMS OFFICIALS TOLD US THEY ARE LOOKING INTO THIS INCIDENT. THE PHILLIPS FAMILY, MEANWHILE, WILL BE TERMINATING THEIR SERVICES WITH THE COMPANY IMMEDIATELY.

1 Reply to “Vivant fire alarm not useful during Barnesville chimney fire”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *